Award Ceremony for GDP 2013 at World Congress for Philosophy
The ceremony for the bestowal of the Global Dialogue Prize 2013 took place at the opening day of the XXIII World Congress of Philosophy, August 4, 13.00-13.50 in the AULA (main hall) ground floor of the School of Philosophy Building at the University of Athens.
- Professor Konstantine Boudouris, President of the Hellenic Organizing Committee for the 23rd Word Congress of Philosophy
- Professor William L. McBride, President of the International Federation of Philosophical Societies (FISP)
13:05 – 13:10 The Concept of the Global Dialogue Prize
- Jesper Garsdal, Director of the Global Dialogue Council, Main coordinator of the Global Dialogue Prize 2013
13:10-13:15 Laudatio (Statement of the Award Committee)
- Robin Wang, Daum Professor in the Bellarmine College of Liberal Arts, Professor of Philosophy and Director of Asian Pacific Studies at Loyola Marymount University in Los Angeles, USA; member of the award committee of the Global Dialogue Prize 2013.
13:15- 13:35 Four short reflections on the Council for Research in Values and Philosophy
- Gholamreza A’Avani, Professor of Philosophy, Former Director of the Iranian Institute of Philosophy (2000-2011) Shahid Beheshti University and the University of Tehran; Iran Director of the Iranian Philosophical Association; President of the International Society of Islamic Philosophy (ISIP). Member of the Steering Committee (Committee of Directors) of the International Federation of Philosophical Societies (FISP)
- Joseph C. Achike Agbakoba, Professor of Philosophy, Dean, School of General Studies, University of Nigeria, Nsukka, Nigeria. President of the Nigerian Philosophical Association. Member of Steering Committee (Committee of Directors) of the International Federation of Philosophical Societies (FISP).
- He Xirong, Professor of Philosophy, Director The Institute of Philosophy, Shanghai Academy of Social Sciences, Shanghai, P.R. China
- Tu Weiming, Lifetime Professor of Philosophy and Dean of Institute for Advanced Humanistic Studies at Peking University; Senior Fellow, Harvard University Asia Center. Fellow of the American Academy of Arts and Sciences.
13:35- 13:45 Acceptance speech
- Professor George McLean, Founder and President of the Council for Research in Values and Philosophy
13:45-13:50 Bestowal of the award.
- On the part of the Council for Research in Values and Philosophy the prize will be received by Prof. George F. McLean, President, and Dr. Hu Yeping, Executive Director, of the Council for Research in Values and Philosophy.